1 1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 single eggs; beaten
2 1/2 cup flour; sifted
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
3 cup apples; peeled & sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cup whip cream
1. Cream butter and add sugar gradually. When well combined, mix in the egg.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add alternately with the milk.
3. Spread apples in the bottom of a shallow, well-buttered ovenproof-china baking dish.
4. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Pour batter over the top, spreading it evenly.
5. Bake at 350øF for about 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes after removing from oven. To serve, invert on serving platter or serve directly from baking dish.
Note: A buttered baking pan or dish, 9x9x2, works equally well.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Source: Family Circle